Monday 10 November 2014

Save the takahe

Ferns are as far as the eye can see, black spiders scuttle to and fro. I am hopping back to my nest in the bush. Suddenly I see a ferret, eyes glinting, fangs stained. I try to hop faster but my foot is stuck in a plastic bag. The ferret leaps towards me and grabs my wing and tears it apart with its teeth. Save the takahe!

At the Te Anua wildlife park these flightless birds would be safe from predators. This park also properly feeds and cares for these animals. Tourists can visit them.  Save the takahe!

Everybody knows that the takahe have become endangered and are on the road to extinction. Plus the Te Anua wild life park is a social place that helps with native learning. Save the takahe!

Are you really going to let this go on? If not, this might change your mind. They are beautiful flightless creatures, they attract tourists and they are becoming extinct. Save the takahe!

No comments:

Post a Comment